SponsorRumble Marketing (read more about them)
Complaint about the delivery of the wrong grade of copper. The irate purchaser here, Nanni, writing to someone named Ea-nasir, received a shipment of copper ore of an inferior grade, after some annoying delay and in a damaged condition. Read the translation at the website.
Artemidoros, the hated of heaven, has embezzled as much as 25 association artabas  of wheat out of what we had measured for the last half-artaba tax.
First recorded use of complaining used as foundation of huge joke. Example:
Guest — “How comes this dead fly in my soup?”
Waiter — “In fact, sir, I have no positive idea how the poor thing came to its death. Perhaps it had not taken any food for a long time, dashed upon the soup, ate too much of it, and contracted an inflammation of the stomach that brought on death. The fly must have a very weak constitution, for when I served the soup it was dancing merrily on the surface. Perhaps — and the idea presents itself only at this moment — it endeavored to swallow too large a piece of vegetable; this, remaining fast in his throat, caused a choking in the windpipe. This is the only reason I could give for the death of this insect.”
Complained on behalf of American Consumers.
“Waiter! What’s this fly doing in my soup?” The waiter’s answer was “swimming” or “the backstroke.”
What happens when an ordinary gathering is peeled back to expose the fears and insecurities beneath?
Complaint Free World published
Bowen is a minister with a very simple message: quit complaining. If you do, you'll be happier and healthier. Hence his Complaint-Free World challenge; the goal is to stop for 21 consecutive days.
Fmylife.com is a collection of user-submitted stories, likely to happen to anyone, which we then publish on the site. Simple. This is a place where you can let it all hang out and unwind by sharing the little things that screw with your day, and maybe realize that you are not alone in experiencing day-to-day crap. There now, don't you feel better?
Reasons to stop saying FMl listicle was written.
- Foa, E. B., Hembree, E. A., Cahil, S. P., Rauch, S.A, Riggs, D. S., Feeny, N. C., et al. (2005). Randomized trial of prolonged exposure for posttraumatic stress disorder with and without cognitive restructuring: Outcome at academic and community clinics. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 73, 953 - 64.
- Ikeuchi, H. (2010). The psychological mechanism of complaining behavior. The Japanese Journal of Social Psychology, 25(3), 188-98.
- Kowalski, R. M. (2002). Whining, griping, and complaining: positivity in the negativity. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 58(9), 1023-35.
- Kowalski, R. M., Allison, B., Giumetti, G. W., Turner, J., Whittaker. E., Frazee, L., & Stephens, J. (2014). Pet peeves and happiness: how do happy people complain? The Journal of Social Psychology, 154(4), 278-82. doi:
- McLaughlin, K. A., Nolen-Hoeksema, S. (2011). Rumination as a transdiagnostic factor in depression and anxiety. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 49, 186-93.
- Nolen-Hoeksema, S., Davis, C. G. (1999). "Thanks for sharing that": Ruminators and their social support networks. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 77, 801-14.