Middle Ages Peasants
Inferring that they wore the same thing alot since they had to make it themselves, the clothes had to be durable, and they had no time and likley no money to buy a variety of clothes.
On the other hand, someone with lots of money, can make a decision to never wear the same thing twice. Never wears the same thing twice. (ref)
Fictional character Pee-wee Herman, portrayed by actor Paul Reubens, wears a grey suit, red bowtie and red lipstick.(ref)
“Unlike most corporate executives, who wear suits and ties, Jobs was committed to his chosen uniform of a black mock turtleneck, blue jeans and New Balance sneakers.” (ref)
Always wear sunglasses. He has glaucoma and this makes his eyes light sensitive. (ref)
Wore the same outfit to work every day for three year to reduce her stress. (ref)
Wore a navy blue "cheap Burberry knockoff" – every day for a year. No audience members or fashion commentators commented about it. He was angered by the sexism he saw being heaped upon his female colleagues – and attempts to downplay it.
- Birtwistle, G., & Moore, C. M. (2007). Fashion clothing – where does it all end up?null. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 35(3), 210-216. doi: 10.1108/09590550710735068
- Hobson, J. (2013). To die for? The health and safety of fast fashion. Occupational Medicine (Oxford), 63(5), 317-319.
- McNeill, L., & Moore, R. (2015). Sustainable fashion consumption and the fast fashion conundrum: Fashionable consumers and attitudes to sustainability in clothing choice. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 39(3), 212-222.
- Morgan, L. R., & Birtwistle, G. (2009). An investigation of young fashion consumers' disposal habits. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 33(2), 190-198. doi: 10.1111/j.1470-6431.2009.00756.x
- Sanchez, J. E., Yoxsimer, A., & Hill, G. C. (2012). Uniforms in the Middle School: Student Opinions, Discipline Data, and School Police Data. Journal of School Violence, 11(4), 345-356 312p. doi: 10.1080/15388220.2012.706873
- Turker, D., & Altuntas, C. (2014). Sustainable supply chain management in the fast fashion industry: An analysis of corporate reports. European Management Journal, 32(5), 837-849.
- Wilson, T. D., & Schooler, J. W. (1991). Thinking too much: introspection can reduce the quality of preferences and decisions. J Pers Soc Psychol, 60(2), 181-192.