Scroll down to see a time lapse of Marc's unshaven face during the two week experiment.
SponsorshipRumble Marketing (read more about our foundational sponsor)
Egyption Straight Razor
Modern Straight Razor for sale in Englad (aka, the Cut Throat razor)
First safety razor. Removable blade guarded by a comb.
Women removing hair under arms. Thanks to Hapers Bazaar and the Great Underarm Campaign.
Electric Razor Invented by Jacob Schick
Bic sells first Disposable Razor.
We adopted a puppy. From k9rr.org
“Pebbles” the boxer/beagle mix.
- Bakmazian, A. (2014). The man behind the beard: Perception of men’s trustworthiness as a function of facial hair.Psychology, 5(3), 185-191. doi: 10.4236/psych.2014.53029
- Basow, S. A., & O’Neil, K. (2014). Men's body depilation: An exploratory study of United States college students’ preferences, attitudes, and practices. Body Image, 11(4), 409-417 409p. doi: 10.1016/j.bodyim.2014.06.009
- Bercaw-Pratt, J. L., Santos, X. M., Sanchez, J., Ayensu-Coker, L., Nebgen, D. R., & Dietrich, J. E. (2012). The incidence, attitudes and practices of the removal of pubic hair as a body modification. Journal Of Pediatric And Adolescent Gynecology, 25(1), 12-14. doi: 10.1016/j.jpag.2011.06.015
- Blume-Peytavi, U., Gieler, U., Hoffmann, R., Lavery, S., & Shapiro, J. (2007). Unwanted facial hair: affects, effects and solutions. Dermatology (Basel, Switzerland), 215(2), 139-146.
- Boroughs, M. S., & Thompson, J. K. (2014). Correlates of body depilation: An exploratory study into the health implications of body hair reduction and removal among college-aged men. American Journal of Men's Health, 8(3), 217-225. doi: 10.1177/1557988313506460
- Dixson, B. J., & Brooks, R. C. (2013). The role of facial hair in women's perceptions of men's attractiveness, health, masculinity and parenting abilities. Evolution and Human Behavior, 34(3), 236-241. doi: 10.1016/j.evolhumbehav.2013.02.003
- Dixson, B. J., Tam, J. C., & Awasthy, M. (2013). Do women's preferences for men's facial hair change with reproductive status? Behavioral Ecology, 24(3), 708-716.
- Dixson, B. J., & Vasey, P. L. (2012). Beards augment perceptions of men’s age, social status, and aggressiveness, but not attractiveness. Behavioral Ecology, 23(3), 481-490. doi: 10.1093/beheco/arr214
- Dixson, B. J. W., & Rantala, M. J. (2015). The role of facial and body hair distribution in women’s judgments of men’s sexual attractiveness. Archives of Sexual Behavior. doi: 10.1007/s10508-015-0588-z
- Fahs, B. (2011). Dreaded 'otherness': Heteronormative patrolling in women’s body hair rebellions. Gender & Society, 25(4), 451-472. doi: 10.1177/0891243211414877
- Filiault, S. M. D. M. J. N. (2013). GAY ATHLETES' PERCEPTIONS OF BODY HAIR. Journal of Men's Studies, 21(2), 206-213. doi: 10.3149/jms.2102.206
- Herrick, R. J. M. B. (2015). Razor's Edge: The Politics of Facial Hair. Social Science Quarterly (Wiley-Blackwell), 96(5), 1301-1313. doi: 10.1111/ssqu.12183
- Martins, Y., Tiggemann, M., & Churchett, L. (2008). Hair today, gone tomorrow: a comparison of body hair removal practices in gay and heterosexual men. Body Image, 5(3), 312-316 315p.
- Oldmeadow, J. A., & Dixson, B. J. (2015). The association between men’s sexist attitudes and facial hair. Archives of Sexual Behavior. doi: 10.1007/s10508-015-0637-7
- Rantala, M. J., Pölkki, M., & Rantala, L. M. (2010). Preference for human male body hair changes across the menstrual cycle and menopause. Behavioral Ecology, 21(2), 419-423. doi: 10.1093/beheco/arp206
- Tiggemann, M., & Hodgson, S. (2008). The hairlessness norm extended: Reasons for and predictors of women's body hair removal at different body sites. Sex Roles, 59(11-12), 889-897. doi: 10.1007/s11199-008-9494-3
- Tiggemann, M., & Lewis, C. (2004). Attitudes toward women's body hair: relationship with disgust sensitivity. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 28(4), 381-387 387p.
- Wakeam, E., Hernandez, R. A., Rivera Morales, D., Finlayson, S. R. G., Klompas, M., & Zinner, M. J. (2014). Bacterial ecology of hospital workers' facial hair: a cross-sectional study. Journal of Hospital Infection, 87(1), 63-67 65p. doi: 10.1016/j.jhin.2014.02.010