Rumble Marketing - Call them today to learn about their fantastic Leadership Development opportunities including "Purposeful Story Telling".
Pompeii citizens stopped putting their trash in tombs, their homes, next to cisterns, and other convenient places. Because: Vesuvius. (ref)
Charleston West Virginia prohibited vulture hunting because they needed the birds to eat the city’s garbage. (ref)
Post - 1890
Local government became involved to create a systematic way to remove garbage.
Garbage day before the garbage bag.
Garbage bag invented. (ref)
Home Trash Compactor Introduced (ref)
Garbology coined: the study of the material discarded by a society to learn what it reveals about social or cultural patterns.
Pebbles the puppy and co-contributor to the Station Wagon podcast has found she enjoys chewing up garbage found lying around the house.
Emma Watson wears a dress to the 2016 Met Gala made entirely out of garbage. (ref)
- Brosius, N., Fernandez, K. V., & Cherrier, H. (2013). Reacquiring Consumer Waste: Treasure in Our Trash? Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 32(2), 286-301.
- Demetrakakes, P. (2008). EUROPE UNIFIES OVER PACKAGING WASTE ISSUES. Food & Beverage Packaging, 72(3), 20-25.
- Dubin, C. (2013). A SHRINKING WASTE LINE. Food & Beverage Packaging, 77(5), 30-31.
- Dur, R., & Vollaard, B. (2015). The power of a bad example: A field experiment in household garbage disposal. Environment and Behavior, 47(9), 970-1000. doi: 10.1177/0013916514535085
- Evans, D. (2011). Blaming the consumer -- once again: the social and material contexts of everyday food waste practices in some English households. Critical Public Health, 21(4), 429-440. doi: 10.1080/09581596.2011.608797
- Huang, R., & Chen, D. (2015). Does Environmental Information Disclosure Benefit Waste Discharge Reduction? Evidence from China. Journal of Business Ethics, 129(3), 535-552. doi: 10.1007/s10551-014-2173-0
- Joung, H.-M. (2013). Materialism and clothing post-purchase behaviors. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 30(6), 530-537. doi: 10.1108/JCM-08-2013-0666
- Pieters, R. G. M. (1991). Changing Garbage Disposal Patterns of Consumers: Motivation, Ability, and Performance. Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 10(2), 59-76.
- Quested, T. E., Parry, A. D., Easteal, S., & Swannell, R. (2011). Food and drink waste from households in the UK. Nutrition Bulletin, 36(4), 460-467 468p. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-3010.2011.01924.x
- Stancu, V., Haugaard, P., & Lähteenmäki, L. (2016). Determinants of consumer food waste behaviour: Two routes to food waste. Appetite, 96, 7-17 11p. doi: 10.1016/j.appet.2015.08.025